Today Chris and Monica Brittain drove us all around the Eastern shore. We visited all the lovely sites in that area. Everyone was pretty tired when we got back around 7 pm, but it had been a lovely day. We walked up to Paul and Christine's to return her sunglasses, (they weren't home). Stopped at Fish Bones restaurant on the way back where I had lobster linguine. That was pretty filling. We found the Extra Old cheddar at Cows Cremery in town; Jon had chocolate icecream while I had a peanut cluster and maple cream from Anne's Chocolates.
- Montague Harbour's nice new facility
- Panmure Island light house with beautiful views of the beach and St. Mary's Bay.
|8/23, 11:52: The palomino colored draft horses liked Monica.|
|8/23, 11:55: The view of Panmure Island Provincial Park beach|
|Panmure Island Light|
- Bay Fortune House which has beautiful gardens and a screened in dining area from which to enjoy them, but did not serve lunch that day.
- Lunch at the Inn at Spry Point where I had a delicious Scallop Saffron risotto, and we all had the blueberry tart which was more like a creme brule smothered in wild blueberries with a biscuit standing in for the crust.
|8/23, 2:30 pm: Photo op on the deck of the Inn at Spry Point with Monica and Chris Brittain|
- Souris Harbor, our next destination with a spanking new facility and washrooms all done out sweet smelling clear pine, a common construction technique on PEI.
- Basin Head where the singing sands would not make a peep despite Chris' best efforts.